Thanks for stopping by The Lively Cook!

I am a stay at home wife and mother of three wonderful homeschooled children. I love to cook and am a field editor for Taste of Home magazine. Check back often to see what new recipes have been added!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Easy Tortilla Soup

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of diced tomatoes (don’t drain)
2 cans of chicken broth
1 cup of salsa
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. dried cilantro
1 Tbsp. ground cumin

Cook and shred your boneless chicken breasts. In a pot add the chicken and add 2 cans of diced tomatoes (don’t drain). Then add both cans of chicken broth.
Add the butter, garlic, salsa, cilantro, and cumin. Stir.
Let simmer for 30 minutes.
Crisp up some tortilla strips in hot oil or in the oven, garnish top of soup with strips.

(I boil my chicken in water, salt and pepper for about an 1hr. Remove the chicken and shred. I use this broth in place of the canned stuff. I think it tastes better, but you can do what you like.)

No comments:

Post a Comment