Thanks for stopping by The Lively Cook!

I am a stay at home wife and mother of three wonderful homeschooled children. I love to cook and am a field editor for Taste of Home magazine. Check back often to see what new recipes have been added!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sausage Lentil Soup

1 onion, chopped
5 small carrots, chopped
1c lentils
5c water
1 smoked sausage ring, sliced in half moons
1c salsa
4 boullion cubes
salt, pepper to taste
dash hot pepper flakes


First, chop onion...

Add a little oil to the pan, saute onion for a couple minutes while you peel and chop the carrots.  Add carrots to pan and saute.


Add the lentils and stir to coat in oil.  Cook for 10min.  Stirring often.



Add sliced sausage and cook a few minutes them add a can of diced tomatoes, but in my case...



I used salsa, because I didn't have any canned tomatoes and I always have salsa.  Then add the water, boullion cubes and other spices.  Simmer for 1-2 hrs until soft.



EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment